President Obama,I received this today and thought you could be "The One" to start dialogue and begin looking at ethical fairness in congress. Thank you for at least reading it.
This was forwarded to me and I think it makes sense, thanks.
"...I wonder if we all send this to at least 5 people if we can start a fire that will wake the fools on the hill up to who they work for. I think it is worth a shot and that is why I am sending this to you. Please send it on. I sent this to virtually everybody on my e-mail list and that includes conservatives, liberals, and everybody in between. Even though we may disagree on a number of issues, I count all of you as friends.. My friend and neighbor wants to promote a "Congressional Reform Act of 2010". It would contain eight provisions, all of which would probably be strongly endorsed by those who drafted the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I know many of you will say, "this is impossible". Let me remind you, Congress has the lowest approval of any entity in Government, now is the time when Americans will join together to reform Congress - the entity that represents us.
We need to get a Senator to introduce this bill in the US Senate and a Representative to introduce a similar bill in the US House. These people will become American hero's..
Thanks,A Fellow American
.Congressional Reform Act of 2010
1. Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below.
A. Two Six year Senate terms
B. Six Two year House terms
C. One Six year Senate term and three Two Year House terms
(Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.)
2. No Tenure / No Pension:
A congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
(Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.)(this is repeated, although I deleted the rest to save space)
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security:
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund moves to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan just as all Americans.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress looses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide in all laws they impose on the American people.
8. All contracts with past and present congressmen are void effective 1/1/11.
The American people did not make this contract with congressmen, congressmen made all these contracts for themselves."
Thank You for your consideration of this matter.
Plus please watch this video: