WHEN WILL IT BE ENOUGH?
The Occupy People who call themselves the 99% are making some noise which is focusing the conversation away from the distractions that are set up to make us forget who actually started and continues to perpetuate the financial crisis in America and they scare the hell out of the one percent. They had eight years of free reign under George Bush while GOP like John McCain and Jon Kyle deregulated any ethics legislation that kept unchecked war profiteering and while simultaneously creating huge government waste (into the pockets of the one percent who were profiting from the wars). The idea that free speech actually can come out of someone's mouth instead of through unlimited campaign donations is another part of the end of liberty and our freedoms for the sake of the corporate stooges in New York City. Mayor Bloomberg tops the list and the NYPD come second in the line of conspirators who want to help stop actual freedom of speech.
The question is being repeatedly asked, "Hasn't this been long enough?" and my answer is, "NO, not until things change." They want the conversation to be redirected to distraction and subterfuge like it has been the majority of the time since just previous to the last election. They know that a grass roots movement focused on the real issues will cause them to have to quit being so greedy with the nation's wealth in the instance that people know the truth. They continue to control the news and try to manipulate the facts to discredit the Occupy Wall Street Movement. They call them hippies and lazy subculture whiners who are clueless. The truth is that is the furthest from the truth. They are hoping the hard hat real workers of today are going to come to their aid and get these riff raff off the street like they did during the Yippie days.
But guess who showed up at Occupy Wall Street:
The reality is that the 99 percent are actually The Culture, not a subculture. They are you and me. WE ARE THE NINETY NINE PERCENT and the demonstrators are standing up for us.
So to those of you who wonder when it will be long enough, here is my answer:
- When congress starts measuring their ability to govern by how well their constituents are doing and how well the general population is doing and how happy we all are, instead of how high a number of soft money contributions they receive.
- When the Supreme Court admits that Freedom of Speech is something that has to do with speaking, not campaign contributions. When they acknowledge the unfairness they created while pitting corporations against "real" people.
- When anyone saying that there is an acceptable level of unemployment learns that there is no such thing.
- When the idea that minimum wage jobs simultaneous with maximum increases in the cost of living is acceptable goes away.
- When the notion that Greed is Good stops being the mantra of our business community. (That thinking might have worked in the movies "Wall Street" and "Wall Street Never Sleeps at Night" for Gordon Gecko the fictional character, but it doesn't work in reality.)
- When Wall Street bankers and other special interests quit being able to buy our democracy and our right to representation.
- When political parties quit speaking for religions and religions quit acting as if they are the voice of political parties.
- When 99 percent of us actually see this country being the land of opportunity again as it was originally intended to be instead of it being an opportunity for the 99 percent of us to subsidize the 1 percent of us.
- When the Bush tax cuts for the rich (that were intended to be a "Temporary Incentive" to create jobs) are rescinded and the wealthiest Americans start paying their fair share of income tax.
- When we see the jobs that the one percent were given tax breaks to create return to the land they were supposed to be created in and quit being a manner of paying slave wages while calling that the "global economy" instead of what it is, UNLIMITED GREED.
- When we can see in writing from congress that these measures aren't going to be temporary and politicians quit using the police to bully people who speak out against corruption.
- When the good of the people means the majority of us, not a few.
THAT IS WHEN IT WILL BE ENOUGH, SO DON'T KEEP ASKING (as if you don't understand) AND ACTING IMPATIENT UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO CHANGE AND MAKE THE CHANGES PERMANENTLY IRON CLAD AND IRREVERSIBLE. IF THE POLICE AND POLITICIANS KEEP BULLYING THE PROTESTERS WHO ARE LEGALLY ASSEMBLING THEN WE WILL HAVE TO RECALL ALL OF YOU FROM YOUR POSITION OF AUTHORITY. WE ARE "ALL" THE 99 PERCENT OF AMERICA AND DON'T GET IT CONFUSED WITH PROTESTS OF THE PAST. WE ARE NOT A SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP, WE ARE A PUBLIC AWARENESS SERVICE TO THE PEOPLE OF AMERICAN SOCIETY. SO, IF YOU TRULY WANT TO GET RID OF US, CHANGE THE THINGS THAT ARE WRONG AND MEET OUR DEMANDS AND WE WILL GO HOME. OTHERWISE THIS IS GOING TO GET REALLY NASTY.