Monday, December 29, 2014

My Reply From John McCain Today

Recently (December 11th) I posted an article http://dumbargument.blogspot.com/2014/12/my-most-recent-letter-to-senator-john.html  detailing my concerns on the Omnibus Bill and included a copy of my email to Senator John McCain (R- Arizona's senior Senator) and today I got a reply even though I didn't request one. It said, "
December 29, 2014

Dear Mr. Walker:

     Thank you for writing to me with your concerns about H.R. 83, the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015.  I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.
     As you may know, on December 13, 2014, Congress passed H.R. 83, which is the $1.1 trillion federal appropriations bill for Fiscal Year 2015.  I did not vote for the bill because I was concerned with the process whereby we pass a 1,603 page, $1.1 trillion spending bill  ?  without adequate time to carefully review, debate and absolutely no ability to amend.  It is my hope that the Senate will go back to "regular order" and consider each one of the 12 individual appropriations bills with ample time to debate and amend policy concerns.  Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind when we consider appropriations bills in the 114th Congress. 

     Thank you again for contacting me with your concerns on this issue.  Please do not hesitate to contact me again with this or any other matter of concern. 
 

         Sincerely,

        John McCain
        United States Senator

No comments:

Post a Comment