Saturday, May 7, 2016

"A Man Can’t Ride You Unless Your Back Is Bent"

Some people seem upset with me because I care about the political spectrum in this country. I don't really care about politicians or their business ventures that much, I care about people and our future. That is what is at stake. When I hear someone complaining about the constant politi-speak going on on Facebook, I want to ask if they care about the future of this country.
As long as no one discusses the issues, not the candidates and what they and their families wear, and such, we will never learn. I turned my television off years ago and when Pew Institute did a study, a few years back, on "Knowledge of American Issues", I took the test of over a hundred questions, I got 98 percent correct. They stated that I knew more than 68 percent of Americans about the real issues.
As long as the popular vote doesn't matter in Elections, over half of the eligible voters don't bother BECAUSE, it isn't just a presumption - THAT ACTUALLY MEANS it is rigged towards party insiders and people with money and power. Poor people, as has been mentioned recently, don't turn out to vote because they don't believe in a system that is rigged and gives them the candidate that they know they voted against, no matter how many of them turn out.
The electoral college system was developed by the same people who thought only rich white land owners were "knowledgeable enough" to have a say, because they KNEW HOW the country should be run.
I have NEVER in my life, seen a petition that was spread by the people of the United States to actually use the popular vote in all elections, Federal and State because, in my opinion, some people think those guys who rigged the electoral college was correct and if we actually did what the people want, we would screw things up.
That means that the majority of people in the United States believe that the majority of people in the United States are too stupid to know what is right. (Including themselves.)
I don't share that opinion. I remember when Carl Sagan produced the series "Cosmos" the first time. None of the commercial channels thought the American public enjoyed real information like that and would prefer sitcoms and other useless, mindless entertainment with no educational value whatsoever.
The only stations that broadcast it were PBS and all the commercial stations ratings took a big hit because the majority of television viewers were watching PBS that night because they wanted to learn everything the head of the Physics Department of Cornell University could teach us. 
EVERYONE - including the television producers, learned several intelligent thought provoking lessons.
If it actually hurts your brain to think and discover new ideas then turn all those posts off so you won't have to, and you can enjoy being part of the people who follow blindly and never decide a single thing about your own future. Evidently you don't care.
Martin Luther King Jr: "A Man Can’t Ride You Unless Your Back Is Bent"

No comments:

Post a Comment